Register for New to TCU Faculty Orientation
Saturday, January 6, 2024 (8 am – 3 pm)
Do you have a contract?
No: Contact the person who hired you or your department’s admin to find out when you will be emailed your contract.
Yes: Complete the checklist sent in your contract from the Provost’s Office, email your contract back to email@example.com, and submit your graduate transcript request(s).
- Additional information
- I-9 appointment: After you have submitted your required materials, contact Amanda Harris in the Provost’s suite 3100 in The Harrison at 817-257-6974 or firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your I-9 documentation.
- Register for New to TCU Faculty Orientation. Contact the Koehler Center if you have questions (817-257-7434 or KoehlerCenter@tcu.edu).
Go to newuser.tcu.edu
Use your TCU ID number and birthday to create username, password, and TCU email account. ID number is located on your contract or obtained from your department contact.
- Username and password are necessary for TCU single sign-on.
- Check your TCU email Mail.TCU.Edu for new faculty information from TCU.
Activate My.TCU.Edu account for access to My Employee Center to verify personal details, set up W-4 and direct deposit, request recreation center membership, etc.
Things You Must Do on Campus
- Use visitor parking if you do not yet have a TCU parking permit.
- Visit ID Center for photograph and printing of your TCU ID.
- Add personal devices to TCU wifi.
- Pickup parking permit from TCU Police Department. You can request the permit online.
Available Online or by Phone
- TCU Benefits contact Human Resources
- Office keys and building access contact your department admin or supervisor.
- Classroom technology assistance including training in your classroom(s) contact the Center for Instructional Services (CIS) at 817-257-7121.
- Compliance training watch for an email from HR or visit my.tcu.edu.
- Safety on campus see TCU Alerts and download FrogShield app for your mobile device.
- Emergencies on campus contact TCU Police at 817-257-7777 instead of 911. This minimizes response time as campus police assists emergency responders to get to you sooner.
- Internet, campus phone, and other technology issues contact IT Helpdesk at 817-257-6855.
Resources for Teaching
Preparing for your classes
- Login to classes.tcu.edu for information about your class(es) (e.g. building, room, days, time).
- Locate buildings for your classes and identify relevant emergency information. Check for classroom assignment right before classes start in case the location has changed.
- Place textbook orders using Order Textbooks on the LMS homepage.
TCU Online (learning management system)
- TCU Online will be able to you 24 hours after (1) your class(es) are assigned to you at classes.tcu.edu and (2) you created have email, username, and password.
- Getting Started with TCU Online
- Contact KoehlerCenter@tcu.edu for assistance.
Syllabus & Teaching Resources
Teaching for Brite Divinity School?
Contact Rachel Harris (817-257-7577 or email@example.com) with your onboarding questions.