TCU provides an exceptional atmosphere for online learning. As an online student at TCU, you will have the opportunity to study with TCU’s outstanding and dedicated faculty while pursuing a degree that fits your schedule.
Is online learning right for you?
Use the Test of Online Learning Skills self-assessment to gauge your readiness for online learning. The following four characteristics are common for successful online students:
- Basic technical and academic skills
- Ability to study independently
- Good organizational skills
- Willing to devote the same amount of time and effort as a face-to-face course
Some of the programs listed below may require face-to-face clinicals or practicums in addition to the didactic instruction provided via online courses. If such a requirement exists for a given program, clinical or practicum placements are in-person activities scheduled at authorized sites. Placements are subject to the regulations governing state authorization and experiential learning placements in addition to the policies set by programs. Interested students must consult with the director of the program to obtain further information about these requirements and the locations of approved clinical or practicum sites.
Online students at TCU have access to an excellent library with robust online resources, campus student support services and centers, 24/7/365 support to assist with any technology issues in your online courses, and are eligible for TCU financial aid. Learn more about graduate studies at TCU.
Not all programs are authorized in every state or will offer experiential learning placements in every state. Please contact the program director and consult the state authorization map and the licensure information for distance learning programs for additional information.
TCU offers the following distance learning degrees:
Addran College of Liberal Arts
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- BSN to DNP Clinical Nurse Specialist, DNP-CNS
- BSN to DNP Family Nurse Practitioner, DNP-FNP
- Clinical Nurse Leader, MSN-CNL
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (Adult-Gerontology or Pediatric), MSN-CNS
- Nursing Administration & Leadership, MSN
- Nursing Educator, MSN
- Nursing Practice, DNP(Post-Master’s Program)
- Nursing Practice – Anesthesia, DNP-A (requires one year of on-campus coursework)
TCU offers the following distance learning post-graduate certificates:
- Advanced Pain Management Fellowship, Post-Master’s certificate
- Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL), Post-Master’s Certificate
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Adult-Gerontology, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Pediatric, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Post-Master’s Certificate
- Nursing Administration and Leadership, Post-Master’s Certificate
- Nursing Education, Post-Master’s Certificate
TCU also offers a limited number of undergraduate courses online in the summer as part of the Summer Undergraduate Online Pilot Program. These courses are only available to current TCU students.
Please inform the director of your online program or prospective online program about any moves or planned moves. If a student moves to a state in which a given online program is not authorized or has not secured approval for experiential learning placements, this may result in a delay in meeting necessary program requirements or state licensure/credential requirements or a failure to meet them altogether.