Chairs Quick Links
Finance and Budget
“Leadership and Learning are indispensable to each other.”
–President John F. Kennedy, 1963
Welcome to the TCU Chairs Resources website!
It is often noted that department chairs have one of the most difficult, yet important, jobs on a university campus. They provide critical leadership at the foundational level of the university, where students, faculty, and staff come together. Department chairs are responsible for a wide variety of issues relating to scheduling, hiring, personnel, assessment, curriculum, budget, contracts, development, and much more. No other leadership position on campus has as much direct impact on the quality of our academic product as that of the department chair. Leadership and learning are indeed critical aspects of our work.
This website offers support for TCU department chairs and program directors, providing information on policy and procedure, easy access to administrative forms, links to “best practice” resources, and information on training sessions and meetings of the Chairs Council.
- Kansas State University Academic Chairpersons Conference
- February 6-8, 2019 (Houston, TX)
- Council of Independent Colleges, Department and Division Chair Workshops
- April 11–13, 2019 (Virginia Beach, VA)
- May 7–9, 2019 (Milwaukee, WI)
- May 21–23, 2019 (Columbus, OH)
- June 3-5, 2019 (Anaheim, CA)