The Koehler Center houses a collection of current books and journals on subjects such as active learning, online learning, course development, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. Materials may be checked out by TCU faculty and students between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday in the Koehler Center office (Sid Richardson, Suite 501).
Tips for searching:
- Keep it simple. For example, you will get more useful results if you search “active learning” rather than “active learning in large classrooms”
- Use an asterisk to expand your search. Ex: learn* instead of learn or learning will return more results that fit your needs
- Use the drop down menu to search by title or author. In the former case remember tip #1.
- Switch from “List” to “Shelf” view in order to see book covers.
- Entries with Web Links listed under the author’s name have a table of contents from the Library of Congress. Click the book title and then find these links at the bottom of the book entry.
- Subject-Terms in blue in a book’s entry will take you to other works in our library that share that subject term.