In coordination with TCU’s Office of Inclusion, the Koehler Center is looking for an Inclusive Teaching Fellow for the 2019–2020 year.
The fellow should be interested in exploring inclusive teaching that reaches across the various definitions of diversity, as articulated by the Office of Inclusion. Additionally, the fellow should be interested in developing personally and professionally in this area. In short, while the fellow does not have to be an expert in all areas to apply, the fellow should want to learn more about inclusive teaching and help others in the TCU community to do the same.
During this appointment, the Inclusive Teaching Fellow will be responsible for:
- Researching and learning more about inclusive teaching practices
- Creating original content for online resources that encourage best practices for TCU
- Designing and delivering two interactive, research-based inclusive teaching workshops (one for fall and one for spring) for the TCU community
- Writing two brief (700–900 word) articles for the Koehler Center’s online magazine: Insights into Teaching and Learning
- Working with the Koehler Center’s faculty-led workshop series (Teaching and Learning Conversations and Pedagogy in Practice Workshops) themed for the 2019–2020 year about Inclusive Teaching
- Meeting all required deadlines and TCU policies
Start date: June 1, 2019
End date: May 31, 2020
All full-time faculty and staff members are invited to apply. Upon selection, the fellow must obtain written approval from the fellow’s department chair/director/supervisor in order to commit to this project.
$3,000 broken out into 3 payments (summer, fall, spring)
Closes Monday, 15 April 2019 at 5:00pm. Notification of status selection by 2 May 2019.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.