TCU Online Course Delivery Policy:
- All online courses will use TCU’s adopted Learning Management System, currently TCU Online (Brightspace by D2L).
- Faculty must be listed as the faculty teaching the requested course on class search.
- All fully online courses must follow the Registrar’s start and end dates for all classes.
Faculty Development Requirements:
Please make an appointment with the Koehler Staff to discuss requirements, SACS Best Practices and TCU Policies
- Training to be completed before teaching online
- Create online course in TCU Online (Brightspace by D2L).
- Online Self-Assessment Tool (OSAT) score 49 points out of 69 total points 70% or greater (Required) and review for course shell build, all identified improvements implemented before teaching online and annually after course goes live (Updated April 2014)
- Faculty engagement in course*
- Student activity in course*
- Class completion rate (census to end of term) 88% or greater (Required)*
*Reporting is pulled by Koehler Center staff from TCU Online and shared with Department Directors/Chair.
Other Important Information
- Distance Learning Fees starting summer 2017
- Procedure for Creating Accounts
- SACS Best Practices for Electronically Offered Degree and Certificate Programs
- SACS Distance and Correspondence Education – Policy Statement
- TCU Network and Computer Usage Policy
- TCU Sensitive Personal Information (SPI) Policy